Available for all Alpha™ Flying Shears, the Alpha™ Flying Shear Controller Upgrade improves reliability and provides a simple, user friendly process for real-time control. Change part-length on the fly, reduce setup time with stored recipes, increase control via real-time feedback, and benefit from increased service potential and future software updates.
The Alpha™ Controller Upgrade replaces obsolete control systems that are no longer serviceable or supportable. While older controllers are proprietary dedicated microprocessor based CPUs, the Alpha™ Flying Shear Controller Upgrade utilizes an Allen-Bradley PLC and other readily available components ensuring long-term viability. Simple PLC based controls allow customers to perform simple programming changes and mill integration.
*Images and features may vary based on application.
- Simple and fast replacement of Alpha™ Flying Shear Control Systems
- Up to date touchscreen interface with readily available service support
- Updated electrical schematics for all Alpha™ Flying Shears
- Real-time encoder based accelerator and press axis feedback for accurate cutting control
- Allen-Bradley® PLC based servo control system
- Easy-to-use operator controls and display screen
- On the fly production part length and batch changes
- Storage of up to 12 cut length batches for sequenced processing
- Automatic conversion between Metric and English units
- Multiple languages available
*Allen-Bradley is a trademark of Rockwell Automation, Inc.